Friday, February 03, 2006

While it's not raining.


Well now the fact that it is NOT raining is news enough on it's own, despite the high wind warning and storm warning for this evening. So I in my calm thinking world (hahaha) I traipse outside in my rubber boots and head band, no jacket as the job that I am going to try to do is hard work and it is only a matter of a few minutes before I will break out in a sweat. Muck bucket and pitch fork in tow. Well the boys greet me with a dash to the gate only to turn their backs on me as I do not have their beloved grain. They retreat to the evergreens tree to continue on with the mock combat, nipping at each others heels and necks. Well I am trying to keep my balance in the muck and I do fine for the first hour and several trips to the compost pile. This is at the very moment my mind is thinking well this is better than last week....Be careful what you say... Down I go right into the huge pile I just had domed up and was beginning to put into the muck cart...The second best way to pick alpaca pooh is to land in it....it will and does stick to everything it comes in contact with once it is rained on for more than a few hours... I get to the door closest to the washer only to find it locked... What was I thinking.. Up to the kitchen door where I try to get boots off ( they too are covered) Now what am I to do...Slip in door peel off clothes and toss them into car port? Try to get to a bathrobe? This a dilemma to be sure..Okay out flies the sad grimy boots....Shit.... Now I'm in for it how do I get myself cleaned up....Nothing I have on is unscathed and Thomas wants in. I try to stop him but it is too late he has to rolled in the pile of clothes that I have peeled off, I grab him by the neck and we are off. I start the shower that he loves to play in after your out.... We have never tried to wash either cat.... But necessity rules....We are now engaged in a wet combat of our own...Serves him right for picking on the smaller and weaker slinky....I know that Slinky is right outside the bathroom door with Buluga....I know that Slinky is laughing and rolling in pure joy that revenge has finally come to Thomas....How am I going to dry this beast? Damn! All the towels but one are either in washer or soaking up the puddle downstairs....I take the only dry clean towel available and dry him off before he escapes. I step out of shower only to step in the pile of dirty clothes, of course. I am now wet with a wet cat hair covered towel as well as squishy Alpaca pooh between my fairly clean toes which I now need to shower myself....Thank God for terry bathrobes...JOHN'S!!!! Heck he's not home, he wont need as bad as I do today....I will when he comes home wait for his turn on the Alpaca pooh slip and slid rodeo at the Halleyville Ranch....

No comments: