Tuesday, January 31, 2006

The rain mainly falls in Washington

HALLEYVILLE: January 2006

Is it possible that the rain may never stop? The news this morning screaming we will break records. This is not news to all that live here.I can not help that the poor alpacas are soaked and the fleece may be compromised a bit. There is nothing worse than the pathetic sight of a wet alpaca, we do have to laugh at this point as we can do nothing else. My morning went like this, 1st the coffee freak had her early morning fix prior to John's call at 5:45 am. Buluga and Thomas curl up together on the new " BO BED " and watch the news with me, I can not listen much more to the headlines of rain so off it goes. The second cup of java is better than the first and I plan the day around, you guessed it the rain. Clean kitchen unload dishes while still dark. I can hear the rain pounding away and dread the feeding of all the babies as I will once again be in the muck with my very charming rubber muckers. I wonder if I can find some that are cheery or at least fun, ones with alligators on them like the little kids wear would be swell. Maybe I should invest in a bright yellow rain slicker too....Okay now back to the morning, after trying to get to the pot for a 3rd cup, Thomas under my feet wants the feed bowl absolutely level...He is a true food pig. Slinky is in bed and I am forced to make the bed over him. Yap, still raining. I cloth myself without much regard as I know that my cloths will be soaked the moment I go out to feed. Headband, check..Coat, check...... Gloves, check...Rubber boring boots, check...Raining, check....All is good and very wet I balance myself the best I can and deliver the feed to the sad eyes that glare at me through their soaked fleece that surrounds the fragile head of the Alpacas.....Poor babies. Now to the round pen to feed the horses, they all greet me and I can see that they tried dearly to keep dry, an impossible attempt in this foul crud. I can not bear to look into their eyes as they plead to make it all stop. Back to the house to try to dry myself off...Like everyday for the last 9 weeks.....At least the washer and dryer work very. And so I know can eat breakfast at last.............

No comments: