Wednesday, February 01, 2006

How to go from bad to worst in 10 hours


I should have known that the day would be an hourly decline from the moment that I went out to feed the menagerie in the driving rain with my sweat pants, sweatshirt, rubber boots and no coat or headband....That in itself was not the first bad thing it was when I tried to open the door to the kitchen. LOCKED! DAMN! Around to the front door....LOCKED! DAMN! Driving rain, no coat..DAMN! Around to the back and down the stairs to the basement door...DAMN! LOCKED!!!! Forgot that we left key in truck for half an hour while trying to find spare key that I forgot to put back after shoving it in my coat pocket, yes the one I decided not to wear...Alright key in truck has house key on it.....Alright in....DAMN it is 7:45am I still have to find dog, feed cats, take a shower and pack school books. Did I mention that I had to do this in a matter of 20 minutes? DAMN! Alright now the driving rain, the lunatics behind the wheel while trying to dodge other lunatics who are speeding, driving without lights, drinking coffee and talking on the cell phone.... YES, all at the same time and driving the posted 70mph....Alright I have had just ONE CUP OF JAVA....Me the coffee freak without a real fix....Bad bad bad..I know off the exit and just a few blocks away the mocha stand will save me from certain anxiety. How could I have left without a to go cup of Joe? DAMN! So now I wait behind a blue sports car full of three people who can not or will not order and move along...9 minutes before class two blocks away and no caffeine..DAMN! Heaven is a few feet away and I pull up and order my beloved mocha breve. Yes, triple shot....One for the one I did not get earlier and two because I will be in class until 4pm...Class is good, cookies from a classmate, good...Speakers very good....My home work, missing....BAD....DAMN! Knowing that the damage already done in the sacrifice pasture may take years to recover.....VERY BAD.........DAMN! Finding out why the Alpacas do not eat the very expensive Timothy completely.. GOOD...or/and BAD!..I am now forced to stop at the local feed store and get a couple of bales of orchard grass..Bad..Did I mention that the truck is still dead and I take the 4runner to school? And that I can get only 2 bales into the back of it? BAD...The drive leaving school is 10 times worse than the AM commute.... DAMN!!! I am trying to drive and talk to John...OKAY I KNOW ...........STUPID GIRL...HUNG UP !!!!I get feed get back on I-5 and try to negotiate the exit home.. It is well on it's way to darkness and I dash out through the rain to feed before dark. I get that done and run inside to let Buluga and the cats out...I stand out side and watch for a few moments and try to go back in...Yes folks you guessed it.. I locked myself out...AGAIN...SOMEDAY...TWICE....DAMN! Thank God I have not gotten my purse out of the 4runner yet...I go down stars to get a frozen dinner out of freezer and step into a large puddle of water going to and from I can only guess...DAMN!!!! All the towels are aready pretty wet and the good towels are in dryer...yep the are now soaking up puddle...Back upstairs pop dinner in micro...Center is still frozen after 6 minutes....DAMN! Buluga eats all her dinner and we retire to the living room..Power goes out for several minutes...DAMN!... SLEEP CALLS TO ME AT LAST......... The photo above always makes me smile. Alpacas,Charlie Brown, Buster Brown and Papo...Two horses in back are Playboy and Prom....

No comments: