Sunday, January 29, 2006

COWS?

Alright you all know we live out on a small farm. We see very few people and have met three folks total in the area. One reason for this is that the closest living beings are three cows that live across the street. This morning I go out to enjoy the quiet of the morning and drink my coffee and smoke a few cigarettes. I hear a faint noise and it gets a little louder. I check it out and it is the cows wondering down from the barn about eight acres away. This is not unusual in itself. Two milking cows and a Scottish Highlander Bull..All are rather friendly and I give them treats every now and again.....This morning the bull is not out there just the two girls, I say my greetings and wave they come to the edge of the fence and look my way......Then I watch one of them mount the other............I can only assume that one is blind or confused....And then I remember a day a few months back when this same girl mount the BULL....I suppose she is just taking herself serious about being the leader of the herd as the Scotty is way too gentle and sweet. He is so sweet in fact that he allows my to scrub his head with great force until he sighs in relief that he is loved and the center of the world for a few moments in time. I guess that my world is full of small amusements that I alone can enjoy and entertain my little mind with such diversions.
Sunday morning chores await.....Eggs Florentine for breakfast....

No comments: