Friday, February 17, 2006

Misses Piggle Wiggle

I was told by my Husband that I was not to work outside again today.."Honey just rest" Okay now we all know better I am resting at 10am becoming completely comatose...I decide I shall indeed spend day inside, right after I do a load of laundry. I come back up stairs and look to my left then to my right okay this resting stuff has got to stop. I run to barn get some paint supplies and the shop vac and leaf blower. Why you are asking am I getting a leaf blower it is the dead of winter..And your suppose to be inside!!! Well because if I'm going to paint I need to BLOW OUT all the dog and cat hair out of the room I'm about to paint. This idea all started when my friend gave me a book several years ago called Misses Piggle Wiggle.....Now Paloma is an amazing girl, a wonderful friend and a very good mom....I looked at her with my "what, who me? " look and opened a page read and started to giggle... It is clear why I should be the new owner of these pages... New ideas are always fun for me... I asked why I needed this book and SHE gave me the " are you kidding me" look. I realized why almost two seconds after the look.... At the time I live in a rather uppy puppy area of a city several miles north of Seattle. It is mid summer and I have mowed and watered the plants,and trimmed off the dead flowers. The blue sky of the Pacific Northwest is warm and friends often show up at the house one days like this... Well one arrives when I have all the windows and doors wide open I have the leaf blower on and do not hear her come in, yes I have the blower in the house!!! I had decided it was time to clean out the dryer vent...I have undone the silver hose and shoved the blower deep inside the vent....Hold the trigger down and I am very certain that the powerful blower will clear anything that maybe lodged along the 40 feet of hose that exits out the back of the house. I happily move to the kitchen knowing full well that after two years I should clean the dust bunnies from the back of fridge...YES, with the same blower....I am talking to my friend while I remove the cover that is on the front of the fridge, the one by the floor.... I press the trigger and I am rewarded with every last piece of dirt that is behind and under the fridge. All goes flying up the back of fridge and over the top floating silently in the air and covering me head to toe. At this point we are both laughing....It then hits me that if this has happened inside what did the dryer vent produce....To my utter surprise the green grass that I have just mowed and watered is now covered with the Downey contents of the dryer vent. The passion flower vine is covered with it and the mess... I ponder how to clean the yard....The house is clean as I have chased all the stuff out the back door.... Yes, using the said blower. I now hook up the shop vac and suck the passion vine... The flowers are torn and the puffs are for the most part off. I am then faced with the grass....I empty shop vac and and try to blow the stuff to a corner of the yard...It only makes a bigger mess...My friend can not or will not stop her giggles... I take the shop vac and hose and add the wide plastic attachment and proceed to vacuum the grass...It really never did get it all despite my efforts....That night Paloma calls to find out what I did all day !!! I give her the blow by blow and she is rolling with laughter and calls me Misses Piggle Wiggle from that point on... She has repeated this story to many....Adding that she could not help herself when she came upon the book in a book store... I am certain she made a special trip to give me the BOOK! As if I need anymore wild ideas..I have managed too have plenty of my own. Including trying in vain to dig out a large round evergreen.. It would not budge even after most of the roots dug out...So I not one to ask for help took a large rope tied it to the bush and hooked the other end to the back of the SUV... I give it a few knots to make sure the rope will not slid off the bush...I start rig back up a few feet and then stomp on the gas, I lunge forward...Still not budging...I back up once again put about 6 feet of slack and again pull forward...In slow motion I see the bush flying over the hood and as if a slow cartoon it comes right back from where it had been, it then comes back over the hood , bounces off that and into the middle of the street. I get out and pull the whole dirty mess to the sidewalk...I am covered with dirt and torn evergreen pieces....Planning on getting the broom I turn to get it and the whole street is full of people laughing and applauding...I turn the reddest red possible for only 5 minutes prior I had seen no one...

5 comments:

FarmWife said...

Oh, to have seen you and your leaf blower! That's too funny to be true!

Farm Fairy & Bruno said...

You will soon realize that it is true....I have done things that would make you shake your head and wonder why no one thought of it sooner, right after you stop laughting....

Farm Fairy & Bruno said...

I have been seen taking the compressor and the air hose and cleaning out the vaccum cleaner canister, as well as all those dusty window sills and the nasty tracks...spray a little cleaner in track let it sit and then hold trigger and watch it go!Better than trying in vain to scrub the crud out with a rag.

FarmWife said...

That's a great idea. I may have to ask for an air compressor for my birthday!

Anonymous said...

Oh I have seen your inventions girl..Trav and I still laugh at some of the stuff you pulled