Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Rain and Rooster

Rocky has spent the last twenty minutes crowing...His job..But since I have not opened the door to say good morning yet he has sat on the top step and singing his heart out. I figure I am three sips from my second cup of coffee and will open the kitchen door to let him see that yes in deed I am up.... At which time he usually stops his serenade, to the relief of the neighbors.

IT IS RAINING NOT AGAIN BUT STILL...It is funny but I remember blogging the same news a year ago..Today it seems as if it is wetter then last year!

Then there is the jobs that have to be done regardless of the down pour...Like feeding and clearing the driveway of puddles of water and leaves...The wind has picked up and it will be a challenge to avoid the flying branches.

Okay now then Inkling was up late and was still feeling bad..Poor dear. The damp can not be good for her. I can only pray that she feels better soon...Her friend Grace is now a blogger and is off to a good start....Her first post is a nice peek into her life. You can bet this farm fairy will be reading her.

Hubby called and I was asleep...Not for long as both phones peeping woke me...I was fighting off a migrain and forced myself awake to call him back....A 1 minute call as he was driving in fog with less than 40 feet visibility....He already has a pretty dangerous job ...So I said you gotta go, be careful and hung up.

Bondo has some pretty wonderful photos of my dream house although cleaning it would involve far more than I could do...He at least has stopped the torture of letting me know how nice it is there...

Ang is putting together a clue, I hope...Stay tuned....

I will be off dropping off the 4-runner again then off to Costco for the Thanksgiving fixings...The choices this year are Prime Rib, Ham or Turkey.....Hubby requested ham....So ham it is. A good Virginia ham ! ( is there really anything better?) There is no point in getting any other as you'll be sorry... Fresh sweet potatoes and yams with my secret coating ....Hubby loves it and fails to stop eating it until he is in pain.... Warm rolls dripping with butter.... And whatever else I manage to come up with....Christmas will be Prime Rib!!! My mother gave me the secret to roasting it and my hubby can not eat it often enough. Once I made it for him there was never going to be a place to eat it other than right here at home...Hence our best dinner out is at home. Lucky for us that is my preference anyway... The local store here in town always has the prime rib on sale at a bargain price of $4.99 per pound !!! ( unheard of these days) a far cry from the $13.99 that it normally is.....

My lucky hubby has the best food no matter what , one of my promises I made him prior to getting married...I have made a few meals that frankly made him give me a funny look...That said " Who are you? What have you done with my wife? "....

Be well stay warm and dry!!!! And remember to search for the next clue!!!

No comments: