Monday, February 06, 2006

When City Girls Visit


Okay now, I am pretty reasonable....Well most of the time. Just do not ask my husband. Okay now, I invite some friends over for a visit all is planned..Directions...Check...Cell phone just in case...Check. Alright the funny part and I mean FUNNY....They are both wearing high heel shoes... I did reinforce to both that WE HAVE A FARM/RANCH HERE!!! Do city chicks get what this means? Am I not clear that the horses run loose and that the driveway every now and again has evidence of such? One of them asked what all the cowboy boots and rubber boots are for that live on the steps that lead down from the kitchen door?? HUH???? Cowboy boots may be the new in of fashion but honey here they all have alpaca pooh, horse shit and usually wet guts from the fresh barn kills that the cats leave ( Proving they are STILL doing a very good job) even if it is just now thrill killing...Fashionable, I think not....I am sure if you wear any of those boots that the MACY'S girls will curl their noses...Oh if you could see the faces of two tiny, sweet and very stunned chickies...Good God where do they think eggs come from? Or Compost...

2 comments:

FarmWife said...

OK, I'm a city gal through and through and once made the mistake of getting in the horse pen in flip flops, but heels? Give me a break!

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh..Do you know I wore out those cowboy boots you gave me. Wore them everywhere...Haven't managed to get myself another pair. But have my other ankle boots you've seen.