Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Things I have lost, misplaced or given up

In 40+ years the list is forever getting longer but by God my life has been fun and amazing despite it all.


1) car keys, no clue what one would do with them, as some keys have no purpose and I just kept them
2) money, who knows what the total might be at this point
3) I've lost my way more than I care to think about
4) Lost the dog once, scared out of my mind, found her a mile away visiting horses
5) misplaced the car in several parking lots, once the car had been stolen. Usually I just lost it
6) my sense of direction, on going. My husband rolls with laughter about this all the time
7) Several items of clothing, jackets, hats, bathing suit and towel as well as a pair of boots..
8) coffee mugs, someplace in the world some old lady has the entire collection
9) lost the youthful elasticity of my skin, gained freckles and wrinkles
10) lost my ego, replaced it with all the work that I pay attention too instead
11) misplaced or lost hours of time, unsure how that happens so often
12) given up asking for help as it usually is just john and myself, we always getter done
13) I have given up waiting for things, I just go get them now
14) I have given up my idea that I can control things, I can't even control my own body parts
15) lost one light bulb that come in a two packs...Were they end up who knows
16) misplaced or lost lancome bag full of make up and other things while on a trip to Peru
17) gift certificates, several what I do with them I do not know, filed away for safe keeping?
18) Lost my need to have sports car and speed with the top down, car has sat for over a year now
19) lost pie and pie plate while it cooled on table outside, raccoons, possum or boy next door?
20) misplaces personal address books, yes, three times
21) lost cell phone in the field, searched, called it still gone
22) Lost my patience with stupid people, given up thinking they will ever change or I'll ever change
23) Lost my vanity, I have grey hair, wrinkles and a few too many pounds
24) Misplaced photo album, what is someone going to do with it?
25) Given up being sympathetic when most people do not recognize that is what it is
26) Lost recipes for my favorite chocolate crinkle cookies, this is tragic I've tried others, not the same
27) Given up trying to stay awake on New Years Eve, I just can't make it that long
28) Given up explaining why I like getting up at 4 am, peaceful to watch pink sky unfold like a painting
29) Lost weight, given up trying to loose it again, it is what it is
30) Lost my way, found it again and now I chase it to keep up......


No comments: