Thursday, April 19, 2007

Why? Is it just me?

I have heard for days the sad news about VT...What I do not get is how we are so afraid to be just what we should be. How many times do we have to see that we being politically correct allows so many to fall through the cracks? And lets face it we are by nature not politically correct, it is forced upon us. I must admit that us does not include me, I am no place near PC ....Whack jobs are called, churches that turn their backs on folks are called out by name..ask anyone about me and you'll know that I have signs taped to the windows of my suv stating my dislike. Call it what you want, it is not PC for sure.

Now back to VT...what is wrong with saying this creeps me out and I don't want this in my class? We all know what our safety factors are for ourselves. We hear of girls being killed by boyfriends (here in the PNW) and it just goes on. I am sad that we have taken PC to the point that we allow in short order to be helpless against this sort of thing. How many warnings do we file away for the sake of PC? How many lives are effected because of such ideas? Are we so stupid that we will continue to follow the sheep into the slaughter house? SPEAK UP!!! Because what you do not say continues to ripple and the damage is set in motion, with a life of it's own. Several people spoke up during the years before this tragic event, against the PC rules and their guts said something is amiss....Should we not have seen this? Yet these small voices were dismissed all in the name of what? For what? These voices did not care about PC they cared about the POSSIBILITIES! Arm yourself with your brain America....How long before something yet more tragic happens? I know each parent out there is thinking how in the world am I to protect my child? How do I let them go out in this world to make a life bigger and better? All knowing that America will take care of my child on my behalf when I can not? Please do not let my child die because so many stayed so silent or words or warnings fell on ears that would not do the RIGHT thing. I fear for each child who has been honed into the whole idea that they should keep their fears to themselves or think one is being dramatic. When so many are in danger of such things is it really the right thing to worry about PC? Or should we care about a life fully lived? I am not Politically correct, I never will be...Freedom of speech...nor will I stand in silence ( red heads and Geminis just can't ) when all is wrong say something, anything just do not stand silent. It is not working, it will never work. Hitler proves this over and over again...Say nothing, keep to yourself and on and on....How many died because of such silence, because the warnings were not heeded? How many times did Poland ask for help or for that matter other countries. Was this alone not a warning at what not to do?

My ranting may never be read...BUT it is said and I shall never stay silent...May your life be safe, full and ideal...May each child you have never be in danger. May you know if nothing else your farm fairy will step in and protect you and those you love always, fearlessly and without regard to PC...Just know that I will always do the right thing regardless. Not because I want to stand out from the crowd but because I really have no choice. Because despite what may or may not happen I will not go to my grave silently like those in the 40's did. Because one voice is all it takes to give others the courage to speak out and up....

One last thought:

Weak obedient people ( voices ) have never made history....or a difference...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My Dearest Farm fairy: Although I am somewhat comforted by your choice to "stand out from the crowd" and speak what is not politically correct (I, like you, belive in calling a spade a spade), I fail to see how this applies in this tragic case. Am I to believe that ANY behavior that reeks of anti-social thoughts or that ANY visit to a mental health institution is reason for someone else to call me a lunatic or have me removed from a class or have me otherwise incarcerated? I think not. No, in this tragedy I feel that the responsibility lies in the violence-tolerant nature of our culture....WE created this person.