Thursday, May 04, 2006

Why We Have No Banti Eggs


It is going to be hot again today and I have decided to keep my hat close at hand....
I let the horses out yesterday...We had moved Jezzy off the pea gravel as he would not pick up his feet....Thus causing rather expensive problems....Playboy spent the first week nickering and causing a ruckus....As if we had somehow did this to him. Well anyway I put them all out together and all is good. It is getting close to dark and I arm myself with carrots and walk out to get them back up for the night. I have carrots in one hand and a stray Banti egg that I found in Proms feed tub....I have them in the round pen and Playboy is happy to eat his carrot Prom on the other hand went straight for the little egg......She ate the damn thing in front of me!!!! All I could do was bust up laughing, realizing that they are laying......They are just a treat for Prom! Pretty funny when you think about a horse eating a whole raw egg.....Thank God they are fresh..

On another note, my friend P just phoned me ...At 6:30 AM!!!
Why this is funny is because SHE is never up at this hour...She sees her first patient at 11am.....Rarely earlier...She was even wide awake...And funny....We spoke for over 30 minutes!!! A treat for us both. I said the rhubarb was ready and that she should try to make it up this week...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

that is funny about P.

What's even funnier is you taking a call before 9am. Now that's funny!!!

Busy Beaver's Work is never done!!

Rest Girl

Farm Fairy & Bruno said...

well i am up around 4:30 to 6 Am....