Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Planting, mowing and sun




A few photos of the work hubby put into the old brick pavers that I have hauled around for the last 10 years..... My great hubby spent a day putting in these....We had loads of fun...Dirt always is... I spent the day after hubby left planting. The huge gray thing is the well and will be covered shortly....My policy is if you can not move it , paint it then hide it.... So it will be hidden with vines of sweet peas and passion flowers...Well the last few days have been so busy......Make hay while the sun shines as it says..... Well went a to walk in clinic for ear infection and then unloaded half a truck full of top soil then picked up 5 bales of feed as the crippled old truck could not ( I dare not ) to push her further..Then unload it change rigs go to mom & dads get plants from the plant queen and then brought them back home and ran yard waste and planted the loot!!!! I too was able to plant the baby tears in the pavers.....Cutting the plants into strips and shoving them down in...Fed the crew and then planted beans and spinach...Watered and then put drops in my ears awoke on sofa....Thank God I made the coffee before resting my head to one side....

Fed all this am got the chicken coop cleaned out....Moved a string line to keep horses off of the newly planted area....Planted a few more things mowed the outside of fence area and worked a few hours and made bread....My g-ma's way..... Several rises several falls and punch and beat it down....It just does not taste the same when you do not punch it down with your well buttered fists...

Buluga outside the new porch in the shade.....Took apart an old rotting trellis and used the sides on the facia .....( black scroll work )

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

good lord, you put me to shame. no rest for the sick either? Slow down a wee bit and get yourself better!!

Farm Fairy & Bruno said...

My thought is if I work harder than the bug, I'll win the war!

Anonymous said...

ROLF!! (roll on floor laughing) Did the bug tell you that?