Monday, January 29, 2007

Oh so cold Monday

It is bitter cold I was out already to feed the horses ( really they are pigs) I lowered the amount of food to them as these naughty kids got into two #50 bags of alpaca feed...leaving just enough in the muck cart to let me know that they had a big party!!!I spent the next 24 hours watching them...All they did was look for MORE! I had thought I had put it up safe away from them, but they have feed radar that would put a search dog to shame. They looked at me with " well it is your fault, you KNEW we would get into trouble if you left this farm" and by God they did...So now I have to drive North to go get more feed...and then make sure I do not leave it for just a day before I put it up.

On another note, Bruno is in the real chill, single digits...He has decided that waking to a wife and living together is his new goal..I agree, as farm fairy tough as I am, I LIKE waking at 4 am and making breakfast and packing his lunch..I love having help if I need it. I love spoiling him with a fresh homemade supper...

I looked again at the 140 acre farm up near the Canadian boarder...I'm hoping it has all the bells and whistles Bruno wants or at least the possibility...So say your prayers for that job we have at least another week before he knows...The house is huge but it is all about the land first...I can see us happy as clams there...Are clams happy, how do we even know? Do you think they sing or have a jingle? Okay sorry just thinking out loud...By the way my hens laid twice yesterday..Is the normal does anyone know? I normally grab the eggs afternoon but yesterday i got them at 10 am and by 6pm last night there was another 5!!!I thought it was too cold to lay on a regular basis...and with no heated place it seems odd..

Bondo is having a great time with his son there and they photo of them shows it.. O just found out that one of the farm blogs I check it right around the corner from him..How cool is that? A small world indeed...

Hope you all have a perfect day...I checked the blogs before posting today so sorry I'm late...

1 comment:

Lauren said...

praying about the job... you deserve a big place after all you've been through!!!