Sunday, October 29, 2006

Early Sunday

Time is never what it seems....And with the fall back it is as if you spend a few days getting use to the change. I for one could care a less...It is the coffee pot reprogramming that drives me nuts....

about the last post , everything is fine as the other person involved did not even know there was an issue....Me? Well when I'm in tears it is an issue....

John came home for a small visit as I could not go over the pass to meet him...As the 4runner is still not prepared. Anyway he called home at some hour that I do not recall saying he had just taken the exit..I got up put slippers on and opened up the huge gate for him.. He parked the SUV and found me sleepy eyed and falling into his arms.

I fixed him up a plate of food and he relaxed as much as he could with the princess Buluga under his every step. She refused to take her eyes off of him, making certain he was not leaving again so soon. The googly eyes of her at her man made me realize how she adored him. He finally had to go lay down with her and give her the attention she needed from her master. The hardest thing when he is gone is the "bobo pouty face" ....She will punish me as she refuses to eat for several days...Hence I break out the chicken hearts and fry them up , the one thing she can not resist. It will drive you mad if you look at her too hard.

We awoke around midnight, he with Bulugas body next to him and me on the sofa my face shoved in the back as to drown out the television noise. I woke hubby up and we got to bed..Who knows what he was watching the TiVo had recorded and saved all his favs.... At least 6 hours worth..Survivor? CSI? Or what but he got his TV fix and will be okay until the next time he comes.

His alarm went off at 4:30 am after I had watched him turn it off....So he went to shut it off and I was awaken again 15 minutes later...Evil thing.. By this time it is too late IM up and awake Buluga plays the in out game...I finally caved in and went out with her...My reward for that? Two owls talking with each other..I being me tried to figure out what they might be talking about...The cows that were crashing about in the dark, Buluga the crazy cats or maybe where the best seasons hunting ground for rodents might be...Anyway I spent the better part of thirty minutes enjoying the quiet...Then the horses heard me and started to nicker demanding food at 5 am! Not a chance. I tried to go back to bed and was kicked out for squirming.....As soon as I left the bedroom Rocky was determined to give hubby the full chorus of his morning wake up call....I heard hubby snickering from the bedroom little did he know that the rooster was on the back porch fluttering his wings taking a deep breath and then streaching his neck way up and letting loose...Over and over till he was rather satisfied he had woken up everyone ( his duty) and then off he went...

One either loves a rooster wake up or does not....There is no grey area unless you are sick or did not get enough sleep..Me ? Well I'll take that every morning for the rest of my life...I never had an alarm clock ( hubby came with them ) and I for one can not stand them...BUT A ROOSTER? Heck yes I love it! Anyway I have left hubby in bed and he IS tired and NEEDS the rest....I will make Eggs Florentine for breakfast...I treat we rarely get as the process is long ( not really) and one has to wait until the craving is over powering your senses about the calories involved ....The idea of cream and butter in a soft sauce ......Add shall we say 600 calories? Anyway that is the plan....I hope not to do much in the way of work around here today..Just veg, watch TV, eat and snuggle up....And enjoy my hubbies visit. He has photos from the dam that I will be posting either today or tomorrow. Have a good Sunday and check in soon... I hope you all at one time get to wake up to a rooster....There is nothing like it.....

I'd never make it in the city you know!

2 comments:

Phfrankie Bondo said...

i do indeed love the crow of the rooster...alas, I have only two HENS....can you fix one?

Farm Fairy & Bruno said...

And how sir do you intent I fix one?