Sunday, August 20, 2006

What more Jam?

Well as you know Christina and I made jam today after picking all the blackberries on our ranch...We had enough for 4 batches totaling some 26 jars and a jar of syrup .....Now blackberry bushes have a way of eating you and attacking ones body...I being the stubburn bull head that I am refused to wear long sleeves andd Christina was in a tank top...I figured I had already been beat and bruised as it was , why not add ripped torn and bleeding to the weekend...We talked for hours about boys, life and being married.....Anyway we filled every last bowl up and started our life lessons...YES jam magic is a life lesson...and

I have to say I was pleased to pass along a gift that had been given to me by my mother. We have no children and we are at a point we know we wont....and so it was with joy I was able give this gift to a girl who dreams of being married someday and wants to know how to do things.....lost art or not she learned well and made amazing jam batch after batch....
I hope that if her mum ever stumbled upon this site ( blog) that I think her young daughter is a treat to have around.

the house is just now quiet and everyone is settling in for the night and I bid you all sweet dreams........

1 comment:

Inkling said...

Temera, that is so amazingly cool. What a blessing to pass onto someone else! You are giving her such a precious legacy, that she will be able to use for years to come, not to mention pass along to someone else down the road. Young women need people like you, and I'm glad you were willing to share your life with another. Very cool. I'm liking this whole making virtual friends thing.....I learn so much and always come away encouraged.