Thursday, August 17, 2006

My oh My

There are things in life that seem just to happen...And lets just say I think maybe God uses our little Halleyville as a testing ground....Yes, I am honored to be trusted with such things.....

Well I finally got to get one bedroom under some control...(maybe)

Hubby had requested pizza, a rare thing around here and it is always better in our minds then in reality.Last night was no exception...We ate half of it and reserved the rest for hubbies lunch...

Anyway I came in from the barn and started dishes and fed all the creatures that adorn our little ranch upon my return to the house I found my great hubby sound to sleep with blanket and cat on his chest. I tippy toed around and got the trash to the gate..I tried repeatedly to awaken the zombie from his location and roused him to bed...After sometime he was up and showering . I had tried to make him go back to sleep but a book he had was calling to him....Lest we say he did not want to awake and could have stayed in bed for another several hours.

I did the quick breakfast and stashed his lunch box and got him out the door . All chaos still flinging towards his head...Lost keys, missing shirt with check and I.D. Pass as well as who knows what else...Dashing back in for a cup of coffee, yadda yadda go...

I would like one work morning when all has not been flipped on it's head and we have received enough sleep...Dream on farm fairy....

The lawn was mowed a three hour chore ...Along the driveway I found yet more deaths from the cats thrill killings and the slugs eating again...The debrie. I hooked up the irrigation and found the chickens eating the slugs that where eating the dead rodents. With that sight I decided it was a good thing that I could not find the eggs....As while I love farm fresh eggs the thought that a mouse part was in the creation of such eggs made me rech....Hence God playing tricks with the eggs...Thank heavens!

I was able to tackle Buster (Buster Brown the Alpaca) and fed him by hand as well as pet his sweet fleece. I figure after Friday ( shearing day) they will not let me too close for some time.

Thanks for all the prayers for Trav...He went to work yesterday and seems to be on the mend....
Inkling too is better and now has to challenge the paperwork of the Canadian system....Which I am thinking is just as bad as being ill....She is homesick and had dreamed of going home to her family for Thanksgiving...Funny her Canadian hubby can come and go across the boarder yet Inkling can not return home and then come back to her hubby!!!I just think that it would not be fun for Henry David to go in her place without her..Does anyone else see this as strange or is it just these two redheads...Inklings red is far redder than mine (I am more grey now) but I do have the Gemini thing too...
The photos of Inklings hubby are wonderful....If you'd like to see some photos check out her blog!!! Her hubby had to drive past our location on his way to the Seattle airport( we are just one mile from I-5 he was on)....And had I known he was passing by I would have asked him to stop by so I could send off my famous Strawberry jam to give to Inkling as well as a bookmark that I have been working on that I think she would love to have tucked into her lastest book she is reading...Again keep her in your thoughts and pray that she has the paperwork in order and on time to go home for Thanksgiving...And maybe if her hubby has to go back to the airport he could stop...And get Jam!!! He is a good hubby and LOVES this girl!!!! He even suffered through a movie trying to get her to stay put while on the mend...
I have been up for two hours and still not awake! Have a very good day...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

And you have family coming today!!!
YEAH!!! I love you...and it is a blessing now you can't find the eggs. Maybe the horses are eating them up as we speak.