Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Ranch Hand

Well hubby & I had to get some help as hubbies LIST was long and we, the two of us would have to take several week's off to complete it all. We have fencing and gates to move a circular driveway to level out and a page of little things to do....I have yet to get my paws on the wood lathe that I bought of off craigslist over a month ago.....I am chomping to turn just one little bowl.....

Anyway about the ranch hand....His name is Steven and he is a 17 year old with great energy ( I am going to talk to God about this energy thing being given to one at the wrong time of life) anyway he is a fine young man polite always right on time.....And works very hard....Hubby treats all hands as if they are already trained....I spend a great deal of time explaining to him that they do not arrive this way and he can not expect people to be like him or work as hard....Anyone who tried would be dead in no time flat.....We stopped work fairly early on pour day and hubby fell to sleep watching TV, I left to go help friend and then came home at 7pm with Thai food.......Ranch hand informed hubby that he slept until 4pm the next day....I think john felt a twinge of fear wondering if his folks would let him come back to work for us.....He said it was okay and not to worry, hubby then asked if he was okay with all the hard work....Kid said " yes, no problem and besides, you two are funny"................

Well that is all for now, hubby decided he might go look for work and I am free to feed the brood and get those outside pillows done for friend.....But I really want to play on the lathe for a few hours.....No reward till the other stuff is done....Tootles...

No comments: