Monday, September 03, 2007

beating the dog

( this has nothing to do with dog beating ,I just love the photo!)


with the dead chicken does not work nor would it...BUT the new shock collar took about a week and on low settings works fine....

Now befor all you bleeding hearts get your panties all twisted I tried the other things...with great failure and one baby chicken who is and will be crippled all of her life. When I called the shelters about re homing her I was given the statement that they will put her down asap...( not fair for her ) or the problem. So I called our vet and was given one more choice. Yes they cost alot....BUT if done right will work out for you the dog and the chickens.....True to his word and after talking with Bruno I ordered one. With in the week we are now pretty clear that if you go near one you will be zapped. End of story , and of the problem.


Now then Bruno came home with two tons of feed and was able to stay home and correct the problem of the Garage door ...which involved tearing down all the bad work that was done while he was gone.He is still furious about the whole thing and we are faced with a long winter we had hoped we would not have here.

The baby chickens and the baby kittens are well and growing fast. ( minus the one Daisy killed) I have yet to get the alpacas sheared and wonder if I should just wait till next spring...

Our new builder is back logged and we have to wait even more to finish up the basement. Well at least the bathroom will be ALL FINISHED this week and I will post a video (I hope) as soon as the final touches are done.

And I too am to have the new kitchen upstairs completed this month. With any luck at all we will not have the chaos of the last few months.

Bruno is so tired and there is little on my end I can do to help or solve that . Anyway he turns 50 in a few days and I will be going back to visit him for the weekend. I had hoped to plan for a large party but the truth is that he would not be here and will have to go back to work the following day. I am at a loss as what he wants when asked he said to put some money into the vacation fund.(uh, already done) I know for fact he NEEDS at least a month off and at least two weeks away on the beach or hunting or something..No place near home nor work....I say Yellowstone as he has not seen it and we could just take the drive tour thing as he would not be able to just stay at the beach and do nothing.

Now the list I made awhile back is no shorter and half the things on it never did get done.My high hopes and the lack of help up until last week has been mediocre at best. I found a young man named Dan who Bruno liked very much. Does not speak too much and just works...never slows down and just keeps going. We got two tons of feed put up and FOUR trips to the dump done in less then two days as well as had dinner at the Thai place with mom and dad last night. Hope all is well in your worlds.

Forgive me for not posing sooner but I too am dragging my sorry but like you can not believe.

No comments: