Friday, April 13, 2007

And somehow I Beleive.....

No matter how old I grow I am still surprised that I am not surprised...There is simply no way to explain how the world survives in such a big way.You would think with all the advances one would expect better service, better food and really better behavior. Yet here we are 2007 and people some more then others can not or do not do the right thing. I really do not care if one thinks to themselves or even out loud and then proceeds to act poorly ( their best?) I have seen it all and upon some reflection am not real sure that I want to see much more...The reason you are reading this is that I received a call they asked for so-n-so I informed the caller they had the wrong number...caller then informed me that I would be able to help him...I listened to the sales pitch to help out the local fire fighters ( which is not the fire department, local or otherwise)...Your farm fairies response...." huh? Are you kidding me? In all the years that I was at the fire department as a volunteer at no point did we call people and ask for a donation , furthermore most departments have pancake breakfast, Christmas drives and such" and the words I heard to my response was "you selfish Bit*h" I asked them to not call again...Now if anyone knew me or what I have done...like raising over $7000.00 for a fire Department for the best Christmas for needy kids one could hope for or donating art to raise money for a family who's husband was paralyzed etc, knows without question I do and give in places (when we can or we see fit) No I do not see myself as the deserve police, but my passions, my pennies , my choice.....And so there it is...my snivel for the moment.....I know that I should feel pity for this person but really how can I when all I can see is flame red? ( my attempt at humor, sorry )love to you all and I mean all.....yes snot nose you too...

1 comment:

Constance said...

FF,
The person who called was an absolute putz. Sickening.

I don't feel pity for them. I think they were disgraceful. Inappropriate. Out of line. And flat out RUDE. and WRONG.

It is surprising when you run into the worst of people... but I believe that when you act your best most of the time -- that is why you get so shocked by people who don't... It is the contrast.