Saturday, November 18, 2006

Silly Wabbit

Some time ago my hubby and I had been exploring and had landed in Oak Harbor....It was late and we had been hungry. This put us on yet another adventure....Some tiny Chinese restaurant in the downtown area. Service was so slow to say the least so while waiting for the server to arrive we read the paper place mat with the Chinese birth/zodiac .....Hubby being born the year of the cock....I being born the year of the rabbit...Well the one for hubby said..."Rabbits are trouble" this started a private joke...And I take advantage of it at all opportunities..Last night being no exception....He sent a photo from his phone of his room mates pet, a rabbit...

I was happily meeting Liz and Judith for supper on Camano Island, leaving my phone in the car. When I started home I found this picture on the phone...I called and begged for the rabbit, a long begging session ensued and I was relentless...My final words where "wabbits are trouble."

Hubby will not be bring rabbit home..He is not trained and has spent his poor life in a small cage, being tortured by little kids...The fact that poor bunny would be eaten by our cats was the final cabosh on the whole thing.....I could hear Mike ( hubby roomy) in the back ground laughing knowing hubby was being harangued.....I told hubby he is no longer to send me photos like this if he was not bringing it home....Evil boy....

I am off to the Tim Potterf benefit auction and show this evening. I am hoping that the money raised will be enough for the things he'll need for his spinal cord injury. I rarely attend things like this, but this is a special family that I have known for many years...Keep the family in your prayers....Hope you all have a good day..

Inkling I hope that you are having a reprieve from the rain like we are....And please do not get sick....

And mister B you can not lay in the sand enjoying the warmth of the sun while I am drenched in the depths of winter...Your naughty do you hear me?

1 comment:

Inkling said...

Sorry....I did end up getting sick, but we're trying to get rid of it fast. Henry David is having me take Oil of Oregano (a natural antibiotic), fish oil tablets (ew! the thought!), vitamin c, probiotic yogurt, and anything healthy he can get me to eat. Besides that, I've slept all day. We did see a break in the clouds - that rare blue - and went for a drive. I kept seeing farms that reminded me of what I imagine your place looks like (with the pictures you provide to aid my imagination).

The rabbit is cute. But you are right....he would be dinner by the time your pets met him.