Wednesday, October 25, 2006

What If?

I had this call and the person , a friend said to me "what if.....?" Now you know good and well that most folks over lets say 30 don't bother with the what if thing...First there is no such thing. And second if you have to make it sound too good too convince yourself them maybe you should just let it go... This thing about being in a hurry, need to do this and that the need to do this well...It will just make you nuts...Let things be ......They are what the are....
I went to the barn to check on chickens....The stray banti is no place to be seen....Every last one of those chickens are molting and they all look as if I had taken them to a rooster/chicken fight rarely do I have pity for anything but in this case I do...The feathers are flying all around the barn and the urge to glue them back on crossed my mind...Thank Heavens they are inside the dry barn cuz when they are wet they look even more pathetic. And at least there when someone visits from the city they don't see them....With an onslot of questions like are your chickens sick? Did they get in a fight? What happened to them?.....Anyone who has had a chicken longer then 8 months KNOWS what is wrong....The poor things! They are what they are.
The horses are glaring at me on a regular basis right now..The rains have started making the horses cranky. Why you ask? Well they do not to go out into the big pasture when it is raining as it is easily torn up and recover takes so long on it....The Alpacas are wet and very funny looking too like drowned rats with huge eyes that plead with you to make the rain stop...
I finally got to the feed store for more fencing, chicken feeders, electric fence parts and at least two types of seed. The plan is to move the alpacas to upper pasture , prep and reseed that one. And keep everyone off of it for the next three months. Now that is not realy as hard as it all seems it is what it is. The horses will be confused why they ( the alpacas get to go there and they don't....We found out this summer NO ONE had any livestock here for the past 30 years ( why I'm not sure) Thus making the pastures in poor shape, hence the reseeding .....
Well that is the short of it and I'm happy that it is not raining this morning, although it is suppose to later today. I'm off to the city for an appointment and will cringe as I drive through the traffic. Hope you all stay dry and warm....

No comments: