Tuesday, September 05, 2006

back to basic grey

now then we are at this moment returning to basic grey....The Pacific Northwest is known for the grey..drizzle yadda yadda snivel...
It is hard not to want to sleep for hours on end...close the house up after having the windows wide open for the last several months...
And the knowledge that the poor horses will not be able to roam and destroy the pastures that are still in a frustrating mess..
And the fact that hubby cares little for the dreary rain. The green is little reward for the misery hubby goes through at this time of year. I was hoping for a longer summer a brighter spring and a winter that was cold with less rain then anything. I find it hard to go pick the rest of the blackberries when it is this grey...

Alright enough of the wine...

Ang and I had a terrific time and as you might expect it ended all too soon....I am sure her hubby is greatful for her return, I on the other hand feeling a bit selfish would love a whole week with her....maybe not on the ranch and working just a veggie week..sounds fun, although I would think that if I did go I would miss the animals and all....

The week ahead will be busy.....as we basically did little to nothing yesterday....and one day off on a ranch will add up to a week catching up....
I know this from experience but just could not resist reading, vegging with hubby and enjoying him for a day...

well it is off to chores and work...have a wonderful day!!!!

No comments: