Saturday, February 25, 2006

Finally Saturday

I realize, much to my horror that I am up at 3:34 am , meaning that the coffee is not ready. I do not want to reset the pot timer to 330am as I will then start getting up at that hour. yikks! I do not sleep enough as it is. I know the reason I am up so early , my sister (Sonny) is coming to visit... My parents have not seen or met her baby boy....My sis lives in Spain with her hubby, daughter and new baby son. So today will be very busy. I spent most of last week cleaning the ranch from all the wind damage and getting the new chicken coop up. Here in the Pacific Northwest we tend to have flies when you have livestock.... I hate chemicals, mostly due to my allergies so we use chickens to combat the bugs...And we do love fresh eggs. I am tired of going to the chicken lady three blocks away for her eggs at a whopping $2.50 a dozen.. So I drove to Lake Stevens to Carlton farms and met up with Reed and we picked out three nice hens...At a cost of $3 each, two Black Banties and a Red. We normally start off with five but I am waiting to get a couple more from a friend. Anyway the house has not gotten my energies the last week and I have to get it cleaned...Unlike my sister we do not have maids...Sonny has told her daughter that her Auntie and Uncle have a zoo. I could understand ranch or farm but zoo? Well I figure that they have seen Alpacas at the zoo and that is why it is referred to as a small zoo. Dinner is at 2pm at mom & dad's and my younger sister Randie and my Auntie and Uncle and the boys will all descend on my parents house. No one would dare to not come for my mums divine cooking. The fact is my mother is the best cook ever. I have never had a bad supper at home ever.... My husband thanks her for teaching me to cook...Hubby informed me I was the second best cook next to mom.... Anyway the day will be crazy for me .......But I will be rewarded by a wonderful dinner and seeing my sisters.....freezing still, snow a few flurries and raining...

1 comment:

FarmWife said...

I hope you had a fabulous time with your family! And I'm excited you added some hens to the critter count! Mine eat everything!