Wednesday, April 04, 2007

from silly wabbitt to naughty bunny

Oh the joys of having a toddler....Savannah promised she and Jonas would be good babies while I was resting. And when I awoke it was cold and I went to flip on the fireplace ( not very farm tough) and it would not go on, I flipped back and forth in my sleepy way and then noticed some wires on the floor just outside of the firebox. And some chewed discarded slivers of black and white wire coating. How in the world she got her paw in a 1/2 inch slit and pulled them out I'll never figure.How do I know it was Savannah? Well because Jonas will not leave the 5 x 8 rug...and to get to the fireplace one must go off and several feet past it. Cardboard blocking is all over I have ordered chew guards and wire covers....and the clicker training is STARTING to work. They have all the chew toys one bunny could ever want...but babies will apparently eat, chew and try EVERYTHING!!! Are real children like this or just the 9 week old baby bunny? I thought of giving her a long chunk of wire of her own, realizing that she would think she could have any of them...and besides I'm pretty sure it is NOT a GOOD thing. I'm still ran down and the problems of the last month are still being dealt with. I too am trying to get the down stairs going. okay that is all for now. Bruno is working himself to the bone and seems to be pushing as hard as ever. Hope you are well and life is good.

5 comments:

Inkling said...

It was so good to hear from you. Savannah sounds like one curious rabbit. In fact, I'll bet you'll be able to write many children's stories of her adventures and misadventures. =)

You take care of yourself. Get enough rest and get better. We'd be there to do your chores and tuck you in bed if we could. You are in our prayers though. Get well soon! Much love & hugs.....Inkling

Constance said...

Good morning Farm Fairy ! What problems from last month ?

Oh, how the co-dependent part of me wants to rush in and send you and Bruno off for a 2 week vacation, where you both could just relax and recuperate and spend sweet time together without any responsibilities !

My cat, Flopsy, chews every wire in sight -- and she is 3 years old. She's gone though the computer (almost electrocuted herself), the lamps by my bed, and the telphones... Almost everything in sight now is covered with big black protective flexible tubes from home depot... sigh, It's not pretty, but it's better than not having anything electrical functioning in the house...

Personally I think she does it for attention... If it was because she was 'teething' she'd eat her dry food -- which she ignores...

Ah, the mixed blessings of 'parenthood' !

Hope you and Bruno both feel better soon.

Cyber-hugs/love,
Loving Annie

Anonymous said...

Be thankful you don't have to explain the facts of life to a 5 year old and 13 year old on why all their fish died. Both girls lost all their fish. Gram lost one. Son has not lost any and his tank is beautiful.

Lauren said...

Yep, sounds like you are getting quite the taste of parenthood with your pets.

No Mas said...

We don't realize how much electricity rules our lives until someBUNNY reminds us!