Saturday, October 14, 2006

Rain,Fog and Chilly

I awoke to the phone ringing at just before 6 am and my hubby saying wake up sunshine....I groggly said no no just fog....to which made hubby laugh...Fog so thick I could not see the barn clearly. Fog so thick that the water seemed suspended in air....the open window screen dripping, the damp air wreaks havic on the bones. Enough snivelling.

The week was filled with surprises...Went to get the 4runner the oil changed and some other services. Picked up Alpaca grain and then went to store for Bulugas chicken liver....A mere 1/2 mile from home I am followed home then pulled over by the local sherrif....My crime? well it seems that I have put at least 5 quarts of fresh oil all over the street...the majority of it ending up on outr driveway entry gate...I watch with confusion as it puddles about. The officer instructing me to turn off motor and I explaining I had just gotten the service a few hours ago. He saying that it could cause sever damage and that I should get it looked at right away. I called the place to which the services had been preformed and within 20 minutes three guys are investigating the oil spill that could call the EPA out to our little place. Steve the manager was repenting and saying they would take care of everything and any damage would be repaired....I called our mechanic the following morning and was told that the damage came to $600.00 + ( at least it was not the motor) thankfully! I should think that the repairs should be done in time to go visit my hubby at some point.

Had a paper pile that Office Depot would be proud of as I searched for deductions and proof of life...Long story involving sleepless nights and panic.. Both of which I have decided are over rated..I like my simple life..feed...cook..care...clean.... faith and friendship......and enjoying the peace and quiet of our ranch.

Bondo tattled on me to hubby about the hen and rooster...I having to explain that " they are house broken" to hubby, telling him that Thomas leaves me dead rodents and the chickens leave feathers at most....

The vet came by gave shots to horses and chiro to Buluga, tried to get blood from her and the vains kept collapsing and this farm fairy throwing up on her beloved dog.....I do not do needles or Buluga pain well.....anything else is fine just not that!

Hubby is staying up late reading blueprints and having in general good time...He informed me that this job at the dam is the best job he has had in the last three years....Gotta keep the guy happy, more work, more challenge the better...

I decided to go with bangs again after not having them for three years, saw mom and Liz and both liked the " banged up farm fairy"

I am trusting that if I stay home and go NO PLACE that I shall not run into any problems.....lol

Okay I am buckling down staying in and going to labor on the garden shed clean up.....after it warms up a bit in the mean time I'll be doing house work and getting ready yo go through a few more boxes get the rest of them out of our way and marked for barn sale round#2 and then donate what is left over....Hope you all stay warm and that you will be dry....No such thing for New York....Sorry about all your snow so early...I know that there are several folks who read our little blog from the "bronx" according to the stats...
Okay New York be well!!! Stay safe and warm... Have a terrific day....

No comments: