Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Alarms, bats and cats

Well the hubbies alarm is going off, I hear "honey?" over and again...Finally we are up and out of bed and I begin breakfast and lunch...And from the back room I hear " honey, we have a bat in the house"......It is 4:20 Am at this point and I am ducking up and down to avoid being hit in the head by the bat....I too have one dog nervous and pacing around about said bat......Also the killer slinky is on the hunt as it is clear to him that we ( hubby & I) are too busy trying to get the bat ourselves. The bat tours the house and I turn on the lights open door and hope he removes himself...

I put breakfast out for hubby while he eats I chase bat, cat catches bat and loses him all in a few minutes. I finally go to barn and get fishing net and return to find bat in guestroom....I plot on how to get him....I turn on and off lights, wait for him to slow down and after a few minutes he is in net. I hold him down call for hubby and put gloves on in order to untangle him from the net....Hubby looks at me and we see he is so very small.....No bigger than my thumb ( altogether he looks far larger when flying towards your head.) He is now safely in gloved hand and I take him outside at this moment hubby is yelling at me to wait so he can watch the release of said bat.....Bye bye bat.....Hello coffee...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh Good Gravy!!
Does the bat not know the rules of your house? I hope he goes back and tells his friends not to come to your house.